Saturday, December 20, 2008

You. Me. Sock Part-ay!

I can't help it. I want to keep telling my story to the world, even though the world doesnt have time for me. *sigh*

This is the number one most important fact about me. If you don't memorize this and copy it word for word, there is something wrong with you.

I love socks! Boo-yeah!

And that's all I want for Christmas this year actually. No fancy shmancy presents for me this year. NOPE. just socks. but please make the socks fancy shmancy!

To rely imprint this little sock-obsession into your brains, I'm going to recite to you a poem that I wrote in English about.. you guessed it... the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. LOL No actually I'm joking. It's about socks ^___^

Socks
by annabanana
Aimlessly you put them on
One by one
They shelter your feet from the cold like mittens on your hands
And protect you from the bubbling blisters that come from wearing shoes
They are relentless soldiers and yet you say:
“Oh my, what a measly pair of socks”
You take them off
One by one
Your hand scrunches them up
They’re tightly held, they cannot escape
A stain has exposed itself
You need to wash them, now
Instead you carelessly throw them down on the floor
One by one
The wear and tear that they have suffered shows
The holes are numerous like Swiss cheese
They scream and shout for a bath
You hold your breath as they are a smelly pair of socks
You realize how long those socks have been your friend
One by one
They have been stretched to their capacity
Your big feet wider than the bottom of the Titanic
Oh, the depths that you have sunk too
These socks have helped your feet along
You look at them
One by one
The colors are fading away
A sign that they have grown old, lived out their use, taken their last step
You scrounge around for a new pair of socks in the drawer
Your beloved pair of socks has met their match

Awesome no? The physical version of this poem is actually in my sock drawer. Just for kicks.

Wholly crap I can't stop blogging. xD

Maybe I'll talk about dance. Yeah, that's what I'll do now.

It's the one thing that my parents dont want me to do. My phiroettes might damage the carpet and my jumps might make a disturbing noise to the people living downstairs.

It's the one thing that keeps me going. Without it I would be a depressed cookie without any signs of abs.

It's the one thing that I'll probably keep doing when I'm older. Even when I have kids, whenever

I have kids, I'll encourage them to dance. If not, I'll just build my own dance studio in my basement.

I just discovered that I have a passion for dancing just last year. Don't get me wrong. I danced before, but that was before I realized that I even had a smidgen of talent within me.

I even bought some knee-high socks specifically so I can wear them to dance class LOL

But it's probably the one thing that most people think that I shouldn't do. -______- Do I care? Somewhat, but I still do it anyways.

Dance gives me the strength to express who I am without words. Even so, my message is still unclear to the world.

~*`/~

Oh YUCK, my blueberry yogurt has expired >__<

Toodles everyone.
xoxo,
Gossip Girl ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL that is exactly what I've been feeling about dance. My parents don't support me, and I have no room to do it at home.. yet I express myself so much with it. It's the reason why I wake up. It's why I even bother moving. Without it, I'm a blob.

    Your blogs are so much more interesting and insightful than mine lol. I'm just talking about making love to coffee mugs.

    LOL remember when I recited your poem to you?! I can't read for shizzle but I didn't pause as much.

    ReplyDelete